Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Oh the weather outside is frightful ...

"A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST SATURDAY.

ACCUMULATIONS... ALL TOLD FROM TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT... SNOWFALL TOTALS OF 12 TO 18 INCHES ARE EXPECTED. "

And this is how my 16 year old chooses to help Dad with chores ...


***********************

Country Church has their traditional family/childrens' service each Dec. 23. It was canceled. I'm supposing that Christmas Eve and Christmas Day will soon follow. :(


***********************

I was going to make my most favorite cookies today ... Grandma M's Cardamom Cookies. They call for baking soda though. I have no baking soda. You should not place tissue paper next to your glade scented candles. Did you know baking soda puts out fires?

***********************

The electricity was out for about 30 minutes today. Dad requested we open gifts. I declined. The kids requested we open gifts. I declined. We played cards. I lost. We played Apples to Apples. I lost. Electricity came back on and we were once again able to flush the toilets. Thank God.

***********************

The kids keep traipsing about the house with a pair of crutches. If they bump into me or refuse to carry their dirty dishes to the kitchen one more time I may give them a reason to actually need the darn things.

***********************

I made it into to town for my scheduled eye exam. After listing my current prescriptions, Doc stated they may be causing some of my focusing difficulties. Seems he sees this in many of the "Academy kids" who happen to be "messed up" err, have the same problems, 'cause they use the same sort of meds ... and stumble, stumble, stumble. Poor guy. I really felt bad for him. None of that was coming out at all like he meant it to. I just smiled and victoriously led the conversation in another direction.

Diagnosis ... I'm pretty unbalanced. Hahaha. Really. Doc said so. Thankfully the new glasses ordered should help out immensely. Bet you're all glad to hear that, ey?

No comments:

Post a Comment