Wednesday, December 22, 2010

one of these things is not like the others

Today, as we (Daughter 1, Daughter 2, and I) rounded a corner at a local grocery store, we nearly collided with a church member.

With a look of astonishment she states, "I always see you guys together."

Not knowing exactly how to respond I fall back on my usual self depricating humor with, "I know. Scary, isn't it?"

With a smile, "No. It's nice."

And with our destination in sight, we returned the smile and passed on by.

But it's sad. So very sad.

1 comment:

  1. Yes it is sad. Our culture somehow thinks it's acceptable and the norm for teenagers to not want to hang out with their mothers. Instead, we think a normal teenage girl wants to be sunbathing on a beach, obsesssing about her body and the next boy she wants to make out with.

    Keep up the good work, Mom :D

    ReplyDelete