Friday, November 26, 2010

my black friday

It took 3 hours, 19 separate transactions, excellent sales, my coupon binder, a patient twelve year old Son, and $102.64 in cash (well, debit card), but I did it! I walked out of my beloved Walgreens with all you see in the picture below ...
PLUS $35.00 in hidden away Christmas gifts
PLUS two mail in rebates worth $6.98
PLUS *drum roll* $78.26 in register rewards!!!

Oh, and we also donated several 2 liters of soda and a bag of misc. products to a local shelter before we left the store :)


So what does that all mean? It means that all this stuff and all that stuff cost me a grand total of $17.40 and two stamps! But $78.26 in register rewards?! Don't they expire in two weeks? Why yes. Yes they do. Which is why I'm already creating a plan of attack with next week's ad. Will I be able to do this again any time soon? Probably not, but I will do my very best to stretch each dollar as far as I possibly can. With the abundance of hair in this house, that shampoo/conditioner stash isn't going to last long at all.

I'm going to say it again ... I love my Walgreens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment