Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Warning: Do not drink while reading

Son and I just finished his required standardized test. We don't have to do that again for another 4 years. Yay. But I digress. We've discussed illegal immigration, gun rights, the role of government, and oh so much more but have yet to touch on the impact of consumption amongst the European immigrants of the nineteenth century. Whoopie - doo. Anyhoo, here we go ...

Test question ... "Some people who came to the United States in the 1800s had to be checked by a doctor before they entered the country. Why was this done?"

Without hesitation (or reading the given multiple choice answers) he looks up at me and states, "To check for knives and guns up their butts."

Laughter (and God only knows what else) shoots forth from my body. He immediately turns red and gives a nervous laugh, like 'yeah, I meant that to be funny'. But he so didn't. Hilarious. Daughter 1 enters the room and upon hearing the story gives her little brother a knuckle bump. Seems they watched a show last week about prison, and cavity searches were the only memorable bit of knowledge that stuck. Get it? Stuck? Yeah, I crack myself up. Oh stop me before I hurt myself ... hahahahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment